Are you looking for a creative, engaging way to review with your students during small group? Give Digital Stinky Feet a try! This is the same game your students love to play whole group tweaked just a tiny bit to make the perfect small group review!
Let’s start from the beginning. If you aren’t familiar with Stinky Feet take a moment to pop over and read this post. I can’t say enough good things about the ways in which using Stinky Feet engaged my students and turned our review from boring and sad into something our whole classroom looked forward to. Now, with Digital Stinky Feet it is even easier to play!
Why Use Digital Stinky Feet with Small Groups?
Your students already love Stinky Feet right? Why not capitalize on their excitement to up the engagement when it comes to working with them in a small group?
When you find something that works, keep on going with it, right?
How to Use Digital Stinky Feet with Small Groups
The gist of the game is still the same.
- Each student will need their own recording sheet and points tracker. (A FREE download below.)
- You open the PowerPoint in presentation mode and begin with question one. You can do this using a laptop or PowerPoint equipped tablet or your desktop.
- The teacher reads the question aloud to the group.
- Students are given think time before they are allowed to write.
- Students do the necessary work and record their answer on the recording sheet.
- Click on the answer slide.
- Each student checks their answer on the recording sheet and corrects their answer if necessary.
- If they answered correctly they get to choose a sock. If they did not they move on to the next question.
- Each sock can only be chosen once per round.
- Students record their points on their recording sheet.
- Repeat process for as long as time allows or until all questions are answered.
Where Do I Find Digital Stinky Feet Games?
I have a bunch of Digital Stinky Feet games in my TpT store and am adding more all the time. Additionally, I have an editable template so you can add whatever content you would like! You can check out all these Digital Stinky Feet games here.
To make using Digital Stinky Feet as an independent assessment even easier I have a free download for you with student directions and recording sheets.
More Ways to Use Digital Stinky Feet
Want to include more Digital Stinky Feet in your classroom? Check out this post on how to use the game as a learning center or partner game.
Digital Stinky Feet with Small Groups
Subscribe to get our latest content by email and your FREE set of recording sheets for using Digital Stinky Feet with Small Groups.