Area of Rectangles task cards are the perfect way to engage students in their learning without worksheets. 24 Task cards based on the 3rd grade math standards for finding the area of rectangles. These task cards are TEKS based and great for review or assessment and can even be used to play an area of rectangles review game.
Included in this resource:
- 24 Task Cards
- Recording Sheet
- Answer Key
- Teacher and Student Directions
- PDF with 10 Ways to Use Task Cards to Inspire Engaging Instruction
These task cards are a great way to review the 3rd grade standard for finding the area of a rectangle. Each task card has an open-ended question for students to answer.
This set of task cards is based on the following TEKS. When applicable I have also tagged the CCSS.
- 3.6C determine the area of rectangles with whole number side lengths in problems using multiplication related to the number of rows times the number of unit squares in each row
- 3.6D decompose composite figures formed by rectangles into non-overlapping rectangles to determine the area of the original figure using the additive property for area
- More 3rd Grade Standards Based Task Cards for Test Prep
Composing and Decomposing Numbers
Comparing and Ordering Numbers
Addition and Subtraction Within 1,000
Multiplication and Division Within 100
Addition and Subtraction Models
Multiplication and Division Models
Paired Number Tables
Area of Rectangles
Perimeter of Polygons
Data and Graphs
End of Year Review